Do you have a startup idea and want to prove your concept, develop relationships with investors, meet other entrepreneurs and a cash prize to move your business forward?
At the Wharton Latin American Start Up Competition we aim to connect young entrepreneurs to a powerful network of investors, mentors and venture capital professionals from leading funds investing in Latin America.
As part of this initiative, WHALAC annually carries out a Startup competition where the contestants get an opportunity to pitch their business idea to an experienced panel of judges and the audience at the conference.
If you believe that your startup idea has what it takes, click below to subscribe to our interest list to get final details.
Teams submitting their decks before February 17th 11:59pm EST will have access to early-bird tickets!
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Win $10,000 in cash prizes and receive mentorship from established entrepreneurs
- Pitch their startup to top venture capital fund managers and successful entrepreneurs
- Grow their network and develop deep relationships with these professionals through small group dinners/ events
- Attend the Wharton Latin America Conference, a series of panels and networking events
- Entrepreneurs with startups focused on any country in Latin America, or Latin American-born entrepreneurs with ideas focused on other markets (e.g., US)
- At least 1 member of each participating team must be enrolled at any of the participating universities
- Startup must in pre-launch phase (business plans are welcome) or in operation phase, not having received Series A funding
1) Preliminary round, online submission:
a. Date: Rolling until Monday March 9th, 2019
b. Teams send a short PowerPoint deck with their idea, business model, revenue model, team, etc. c. Location: Subscribe here to receive further instructions
2) Pitch Day, First Round
a. Date: Morning of Saturday, March 30th, 2019
b. Teams present their ideas in 15 minutes (10 minutes presentation plus 5 minutes Q&A)
3) Pitch Day, Final Round
a. Date: Afternoon of Saturday, March 30th, 2019
b. Teams present their ideas in 20 minutes (including Q&A) using the same deck